The story remains the same… When the initial shock wears off and you force yourself to look at other things (other than that beautiful diamond engagement ring on your finger), many decisions will need to be made and you start to panic. Suddenly, questions such as: When to get married? Where will the dream wedding be? Who are you going to invite? Just pops one after the other. Relax. This is supposed to be the fun part!
Attending a bridal show such as Dream Weddings – Before I Do Year 2 is very helpful in planning one’s wedding because you can meet with many wedding specialists all in one location and it’s the most convenient way to learn about a myriad of event options, from gowns to jewelry. Summer Carullo, VRC Creative Events’ Project Manager, assures us that “It normally takes months for couples to meet with all the suppliers we pack into one fair. And when they attend Dream Weddings – Before I Do Year 2, couples can make educated decisions in a time-efficient manner. At bridal fairs, they get to experience with all their senses what they miss online or in the printed word. Smell the flowers…taste the cakes…listen to the music…meet award winning photographers….try on the tiaras! And once they’re face-to-face with the experts, they can ask them their most burning questions.”
To help you start at the right footing, here are the first few things you should do when you attend Dream Weddings – Before I Do Year 2 at Megatrade Hall 3, SM Megamall on November 24 and 25, 2007.
1. Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. You’ll be glad you did.
2. Register online to avoid the long line if not, be prepared to register at the door. Be patient! This is well worth it.
3. Bring preprinted self-adhesive address labels if you have them with your name, address, phone, email, and wedding date. This will save you time and allow you to sign up for anything you want very quickly.
4. Bring a pen and print very clearly when registering for anything.
5. Bring your check book in case you decide to book services or hold dates with a deposit. Be sure to check on refund policies before giving any money, and read the contract carefully before signing.
6. Collect any information you are interested in – take it home to look over again when you have some quiet time.
7. If you cannot attend, send someone in your place to register you for prizes and collect information on services you need.
8. It is nice if your fiancé attends with you. A lot of grooms-to-be attend, so he won’t be the only one there!
9. Relax and have fun — this is your wedding shopping spree!
Bring your girlfriends, mom, and even your fiancé and enjoy the day. Many wedding suppliers will be giving discounts and you can only benefit from these if you attend Dream Weddings – Before I Do Year 2 such as:
El Cielito Inn
Events by M & G
Ysablle Bridal Gowns
Bash and Coordinates
Bluewater Day Spa
Jack and Jenn Catering
|James Limsoc Photography|
Ariel Javelosa Photography
Nice Print Photography
The Flowershop Around the Corner
The Bride’s Company
Home and Bridal Essentials
The Bridal Nook, Manila Biboy’s Flowershop
Whiterock Resort Hotel
Princess Dellan’s Catering and Bakeshop
Dream Weddings – Before I Do Bridal Fair Year 2 is made possible by: Kasal.com, Manila Bulletin’s About Weddings, Wedding Essentials Magazine, Edward Teng, Smart Shot Studio, Holland Tulips, The Bridal Nook Manila, Happy Events, Indoor Gardens by Pido, Godspeed Exhibit Systems, Business Mirror, 88DB.com, 101.9 For Life, 96.3 WRock and 92.3 xFM. On both dates, the bridal fair will feature guest performers such as Light and Shade, Saturday Night Project and Musikero Unlimited.