A member of your barkada is taking the plunge, the rest of you are his groomsmen. Consider this one an honor, and with this honor comes great responsibility.
Don’t fret, these aren’t mind-numbing duties:
Before the Wedding:
- Help the best man plan the bachelor party, the last night your bud parties with you as a single man. Just make sure the wedding will still push through after this party.
- Attend pre-wedding parties like the despedida de soltera and rehearsal dinner.
- Gather the rest of your barkada and think up a perfect gift for the groom.
On the Wedding Day:
- Help usher guests to their seats.
- Assist the best man in his duties.
At the Reception:
- Assist in welcoming and ushering in guests.
- Participate in the garter throw.
- Dance with the bridesmaids or other female guests. (asking them to dance could be your hardest task so far.)